Solarplaza is looking for a
Project Manager - Solar Energy Industry - Fluent in Japanese
(40 hours a week )
We have a marvelous opportunity for an ambitious self-disciplined event project manager (fulltime) to join a young, rapidly growing international company in the dynamic international B2B solar energy industry.
To further grow our business, we are looking for a driven project manager for our SAM (Solar Asset Management) Team, with a few years of relevant experience:
- You are able to independently execute the complete project management of solar industry conferences, in particular those relating to Solar Asset Management challenges
- The organization of a conference is similar to a consultancy task. You need to identify the right topics, match them to the right industry experts and design the perfect conference program for our clients’ needs.
- You will build relationships with new and prospective stakeholders, like speakers, sponsors, partners and participants. This is key to the success of your projects, therefore you should always be driven to connect and grow relations with people, involve them and trigger their interest in your event(s).
- You seek to be highly idealistic as well as highly profitable - you are able to combine both for optimal financial project results and optimal impact on the acceleration of the sustainable energy transition.
- You act as an entrepreneur, managing the P&L of the events allocated to your portfolio.
- You like to travel (2-4 times a year), enjoy working in a multicultural setting and have the flexibility to adjust working hours to international time-zones, in particular with those of the Asian region.
- You are just as eager to learn and gather knowledge about new Solar Asset Management related topics, as you are eager to roll up your sleeves and arrange practical matters for your events.
- As we nurture our entrepreneurial mindset and roots, this is not a 9-to-5 job. We expect drive, commitment and responsibility.
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably oriented towards - or complemented with a focus on - sustainability and/or renewable energy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional working experience as a project manager, event manager or business developer in a B2B service environment.
- Knowledge of, or at least strong interest in, the solar energy sector is required.
- Self-driven, self-disciplined and strong-willed project manager, able to steer your projects towards success.
- Eager and curious to understand and adapt to different social and business cultures
- Excellent communicator, relationship builder and enthusiastic networker.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; you love challenges.
- Problem-solving and creative mindset.
- Sales experience and commercial attitude.
- Fluency in Japanese and English is mandatory. Other languages (especially Spanish) would be a plus.
- You live in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit. You are ready to work from our Rotterdam office.
- Market-rate salary (depending on your experience).
- 24 days of paid leave.
- A good pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Profit sharing program (20% of the profits are shared with employees after7 months with the company).
- Ample personal and professional development opportunities.
- Exciting projects in different countries, with the occasional opportunity to travel.
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere.
- Time for socializing and fun.
- A vibrant, modern office, with good facilities and unlimited tea, coffee, cookies & fruit.
Solarplaza International BV is a Dutch company, based in the Groothandelsgebouw in Rotterdam. Organizing solar energy events all around the world is our focus, ranging from established conferences in Europe, Asia and America, to pioneering conferences and exploratory trade missions in emerging markets. Our track record contains over 110 events, in over 25 different countries on 5 continents.
Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. We want to empower industries and emerging countries that support this transition and stimulate renewable energy market development with a focus on solar energy and related grid topics. Next year we are celebrating our 15-year anniversary and we are still growing around 30% per year.
Our current team consists of 30+ young, ambitious, and highly educated people. We are competitive not only in the way we do business, but also internally in our table football matches and karaoke-standoffs, organizing the best internal networking 'borrels' and with our own football team playing against other companies. There are many opportunities for further growth of our company and activities. The team atmosphere is open, informal, creative, driven and energetic.
Application for the job
If this profile and job description fits you perfectly, we would love to receive your updated CV and motivation letter (in English).
Please note the online application process requires you to answer 2 open questions. Make sure you have enough time ahead to reply to these questions at your best capacity. We highly appreciate you taking the time to apply for this post.
Note: Applications without a motivation letter / email will not be reviewed.
Commercial acquisition based on this job opening is not appreciated.