Solarplaza is looking for a
Business Developer - Fulltime
We have a marvelous opportunity for an ambitious self-disciplined Business Developer to join a young, rapidly growing international company in solar energy with a dynamic, international B2B environment!
To further grow our business, we are looking for a business developer with a few years of relevant experience to expand our client network, develop strong new business relationships and nurture existing client relations.
- International environment: You are going to work in our office in Rotterdam with international colleagues, use your business English and work with many cultures in different time zones.
- Relationship management: You will nurture existing customer relations and build new business relations through market research, prospecting and acquisition, focusing mainly on sponsorship sales for Solarplaza events to bring in revenues. This is key to the success of our international events; therefore you should always be driven to connect with people, involve them and trigger their interest in our events. You are energised to create new relationships by calling new leads and people. A few times per year you will visit relevant trade shows (in other countries). You are also in charge of practical coordination with sponsors and exhibitors around some of our own events.
- Results: You are result driven. You want to make the most out of every opportunity and have a high sense of responsibility. You are entrepreneurial and creative in finding new ways to create maximum value for both our clients and Solarplaza. You demonstrate the necessary resilience needed to close deals.
- Business Development: You have excellent communication skills to listen to customers and translate their challenges into opportunities for the company. Clients appreciate the fact that we are knowledgeable conversation partners, both on the topic of solar as in the way we always look for shared value creation.
- You have a strong will to succeed in everything you undertake.
- You are an enthusiastic networker and a strong communicator with excellent persuasive communication skills, both orally and written.
- You can easily engage/connect with potential clients (sponsors, partners, speakers).
- Holding many conversations with your existing and future clients energises you.
- You are a self-driven and self-disciplined professional.
- Closing deals and reaching targets energizes you.
- You have finished a bachelor and/or master study.
- 2 - 4 years of working experience in a B2B service environment, preferably in the solar PV industry.
- You live in the Netherlands and are able to work from our Rotterdam office.
- You speak fluent English and speaking Spanish is a plus.
- Market-rate salary (depending on your experience),
- 24 days of paid leave,
- A good pension scheme,
- Reimbursement of traveling expenses,
- Profit sharing program (20% of the profits will be shared with employees),
- Personal and professional development opportunities,
- Exciting projects in different countries (incl. travelling),
- An open respectful and multicultural atmosphere,
- Time for socialising and fun,
- Daily fruit snacks.
Solarplaza International BV is a Dutch company, based in the Groothandelsgebouw in Rotterdam. Organizing solar energy events all around the world is our focus, ranging from established conferences in Europe, Asia and America, to pioneering conferences and exploratory trade missions. Our track record contains over 100 events, in over 25 different countries on 5 continents.
Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. We want to empower industries and emerging countries that support this transition and stimulate renewable energy market development with a focus on solar energy and related grid topics. Next year we are celebrating our 15-year anniversary and are growing around 30% per year.
Our current team consists of 30+ young, ambitious, and highly educated people. We are competitive not only in the way we do business, but also internally in our table football matches, organising the best internal networking 'borrels' and with our own football team playing against other companies. There are many opportunities for further growth of our company and activities. The team atmosphere is open, informal, creative, driven and energetic.
Application for the job
If this profile and job description fits you perfectly, we would love to receive your updated resume and cover letter (in English).
Please note the online application process requires you to answer 3 open questions. We estimate this could take you between 15 and 30 minutes. Make sure you have enough time ahead to reply to these questions at your best capacity. We highly appreciate you taking the time to apply for this post.
Note: Applications without a motivation letter / email will not be reviewed. Commercial acquisition based on this job opening is not appreciated.